Monday, August 1, 2022

The WT's Favorite Verse Turned UPSIDE DOWN!


Isaiah 43:10. On July 26, 1931, at a convention in Columbus, Ohio, then WT President Joseph “Judge” Rutherford introduced "Jehovah's Witnesses" as the new name for the organization he controlled. Ask a Witness and they will tell you that their new name is based on Isaiah 43:10, “’You are my witnesses declares Jehovah, ‘Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same one.” Prior to this they were known as the “International Bible Students Association.”

If you tell a Witness that they have misquoted 43:10, they will be dumbfounded. This is probably the first verse they memorize as a Witness and it is often repeated at Kingdom Halls around the world and in their publications as proof that they are the only true followers of the one true God, Jehovah.

They state in their publications that one of the signs of the “one true church” is the proclaiming and honoring of God’s name and since they further state that “Jehovah” IS GOD’S NAME, they then ask, “Where you live, which religion makes God’s name known?” The WT answer to the WT question, “Who else but Jehovah’s Witnesses!” Thus they must be the one true church. (The above can be found on pages 20-21 in their publication, Good News From God! which I have critiqued in five parts. Part 1 is here.)

To turn Isaiah 43:10 UPSIDE DOWN have the JW read the entire verse from their own Bible, The New World Translation, which reads: "You are my witnesses," declares Jehovah, "Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none."

You will note that when a Witness recites 43:10 they are, in fact, only reciting 43:10a conveniently leaving out 43:10b which reads: "Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none." WHY do they recite only 43:10a?

Because the WT teaches that the Almighty God, Jehovah, created a Mighty God Jesus. A total contradiction of 43:10b. This is a basic teaching of the WT and can be found in many of their publications. For example, it can be found on pages 44-45 in What Can the Bible Teach Us? which I critiqued in four parts, Part 1 is here. Isaiah 43:10b clearly states that no God was formed before or after the one true Almighty God and WT doctrine clearly teaches that the Almighty God created a Mighty God, Jesus. Thus to avoid having to explain this contradiction between WT doctrine and the Bible, the door-knocker is taught to only quote 43:10a.

The WT argument that Jesus was created comes from a willful misinterpretation of Colossians 1:15, which states that Jesus is the "firstborn" of all creation. I have blogged about "firstborn" in Colossians 1:15 here. I used the word "willful" because if they correctly interpreted the verse it would show that they have the wrong Jesus. So instead of adjusting their doctrine on Jesus the WT simply interprets the verse to align with their doctrine. I have blogged about the WT's practice of interpreting the Bible to match their doctrine and NOT matching their doctrine to a correct interpretation of the Bible in four parts. The series is called "What Can the False Prophet Teach Us?", Part 1 is here.

That Jesus is Almighty God can be seen in many places in the Bible. For example: John 20:28 which I blogged about here. Especially note WT explanation #4--this is an example of the WT lying (Theocratic War Strategy) to its own members, which I blogged about here. That Jesus is Almighty God can also be found in Revelation which I blogged about here.



No comments: