Friday, July 1, 2022

What the Fashionable JW is Now Wearing!

I recently had a most unusual encounter with a JW couple. They had set up a blue canopy with a literature rack at a local Walmart store. Here is my blog on the WT/Wal-Mart connection. As I always do, I purposed to discuss the deity of Christ in some way. I decided on Colossians 1:16-17  which I have blogged about here and here

I began, "Can I ask a question?" JW responses are in blue.


The  female JW responded, "You can ask a question but the answer is the same as the last time I talked with you. I remember you from last year."

ME: I thought, good memory, I did not remember her at all. "I can't remember the question I asked, what was it?"

JW female: "I don't remember the question, but the answer is the same as last time." 

ME: "You don't remember the question! Maybe the question I have today is different than the one last year."

JW female: "Whatever the question is, the answer is the same as last time."

ME: "If I have a different question, how can the answer be the same as last time."

JW female: "You're only asking questions to get us to doubt our religion."


ME: "I am only asking questions so you will do what the WT has asked you to do in Chapter 2, WHY IT IS WISE TO EXAMINE YOUR RELIGION, of their book  The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life. (see below.) Here is a link to this WT publication located at JW.ORG.




I continued, "the WT has said that if you are able to answer my questions, then your faith is affirmed and strengthened. If you cannot answer the questions, then maybe you are not in the "truth" and you need to seek the true religion."

JW female: "If you want an answer to your questions, give me your name and number and someone will contact you."



This all happened well before COVID. I gave my name and address and as of 10-20-2019 I am still waiting for the call.




No comments: