Friday, September 1, 2023

A Jehovah in Heaven--A Jehovah on Earth--What's Up With That?

My three JW friends to the left want nothing to do with Genesis 19:24 which reads from The New World Translation, "Then Jehovah made it rain sulphur and fire from Jehovah, from the heavens, upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah."

When dealing with JW's it is always important to get the context and so I would suggest that you read ALL of Genesis 19. When you do, it is apparent that there is a Jehovah on earth, yet another Jehovah is in heaven.

KING JAMES
Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven

AMERICAN STANDARD
Then Jehovah rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah out of heaven;

WORLD ENGLISH
Then Yahweh rained on Sodom and on Gomorrah sulfur and fire from Yahweh out of the sky.


NEW WORLD TRANSLATION
Then Jehovah made it rain sulfur and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah--it came from Jehovah, from the heavens

Now look at Zechariah 2:10-11. Again for context please read ALL of Zechariah 2. When you do, it is apparent that one Jehovah is sending another Jehovah.

KING JAMES
Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

AMERICAN STANDARD
Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion; for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith Jehovah. And many nations shall join themselves to Jehovah in that day, and shall be my people; and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that Jehovah of hosts has sent me unto thee.

WORLD ENGLISH
Sing and rejoice, daughter of Zion; for, behold, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of you,' says Yahweh. Many nations shall join themselves to Yahweh in that day, and shall be my people; and I will dwell in the midst of you, and you shall know that Yahweh of Armies has sent me to you.


NEW WORLD TRANSLATION
"Shout for joy, O daughter of Zion for I am coming, and I will reside in your midst, declares Jehovah. Many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day, and they will become my people; and I will reside in your midst." And you will have to know that Jehovah of armies has sent me to you.

CONCLUSION
It is quite apparent that the OT teaches that there is more than One Jehovah. We know that Deuteronomy 6:4 teaches us that "Jehovah our God is one Jehovah." What Gives? Genesis 2:24 states, "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness." v27 then states, "And God proceeded to create the man in His image, in God's image He created him; male and female He created them." Here, God is an US, and an OUR

Can there be such a thing as a "Plural Oneness?" Gensis 2:24, "That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh." Genesis 1:5, "And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day."Dare I say it, "Could the Bible be telling us that Jehovah is a Triune Jehovah."

I have written a number of blogs on this subject:

"Is the Word/Concept Trinity found in the Bible, Part 1 is  here

"Who Raised Jesus? The Trinity Affirmed in the Resurrection" here.

"Is the WT Doctrine Christian? Part 5--The Trinity" here.

JW's are constantly stating that Jehovah is Almighty and Jesus is only Mighty thus they cannot be one and the same. I have blogged about this here.



No comments: