Sunday, December 6, 2020

CRAIG'S LIST #5 of 10--Have JW's Changed their Bible to Fit their Beliefs?

We advertise on CL to share our Testimonies. An example: “Have Jehovah's Witnesses Changed the Bible to Fit their Beliefs? I found out and am now a Born-Again Christian. Request my story." Someone from Boston, MA emailed back: "Why did I change from JW to Christian?

MY ANSWER! I believe that God exists. I believe that he is loving, holy and just. With those attributes I believe God would leave us with a manual (the Bible) that would give us guidance on how to honor Him and benefit ourselves and our fellowman.

The Bible tells us that if we diligently search for God we will be rewarded. The search must be personal and must be done with all of one’s energy. You cannot allow someone else to do your searching and you cannot give the search a half-hearted effort. See My Blog, "What Character Flaw to all JW's have in Common," found here.



As I studied with the JW’s, I could see they would require me to study their books on various subjects, let them do the research and let them tell me what conclusions I should reach as I read the scriptures.

I knew this was wrong. But I continued to study with the JW’s until I was given a copy of their Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures (KIT). A free copy of the KIT in PDF can be found here. This Bible has the original Greek of the NT on the left side with the equivalent English word below the Greek and how the WT translated the Greek into readable English on the right side.

I also had read that the best way to get the true meaning of the original Greek manuscripts was to learn NT Greek. The next best way to study is to use a Greek Interlinear Bible.

So armed with the KIT and several translations of the Bible (KJV, NASV,ESV, AMP). The NWT was in the KIT, on the right side.

I then followed the instructions in the KIT; (1) Read the left side, the Greek side and read the translation of that same verse in the various translations and ask yourself: “Is that translation accurate?"

I found that on key verses, on the deity of Christ, the NWT added words to the verse that were NOT IN the original Greek or they took out words that WERE IN the original Greek. All these changes were made to give the NWT the appearance that it was true to the Greek when it was not. What the WT should do is change their doctrine to go along with the Bible instead of changing the Bible to go along with their doctrine.

I stopped studying with the JW’s and using this same method found a Bible preaching church. Just because the JW’s are wrong about the Bible doesn’t mean that the truth cannot be found.

Craig's List #6 is here.

No comments: