Sunday, November 1, 2020

GOOD NEWS FROM GOD! Not the WATCHTOWER! Part 5

In Part 5, I continue to look at  the BIG LIES the WT has planted in their pamphlet, Good News From God. The WT has masked their lies around a lot of statements that are Biblically correct. A Biblical neophyte could swallow the BIG LIE as he nods his head in agreement with all the true statements. I will not address every lie in this publication, that would take a book the size of the WT's Aid to Bible Understanding (1,696 pages). WT quotes are in BLUE.

BIG LIE #10
page 24, under the heading, "2. How should we pray? Prayer is part of our worship, so we should pray only to our Creator, Jehovah." In the WT's own KIT (on the Greek side, the large left-hand column) at John 14:14 Jesus states, “if ever anything you should ask me in the name of me this I shall do.” The WT, to make John 14:14 align with their doctrine, removes the first ME. Thus the altered verse reads in the KIT (on the NWT side, the small right-hand column), "if ever anything you should ask in the name of me this I shall do." It now appears that when you pray you make your request in the name of Jesus. I have blogged about this change here.

BIG LIE #11 page 26, under the heading, "1. Is all religion good? . . . According to news reports, some religions are even involved in terrorism, genocide, war, and child abuse. How this saddens sincere believers in God! It saddens me that the Catholic church has such a dark history when it come to child abuse. It also saddens me that the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society also has a history of child abuse AND protecting child abusers. If you doubt the Watchtower's involvement in Child Abuse, check out this site--Silent Lambs.

BIG LIE #12 page 30 under the heading, "Why Should You Continue? #1 How will continuing your Bible study benefit you?" . . . Your hope of everlasting life depends on whether you continue to draw close to God by studying his Word." The WT is telling you only 1/4 of the truth. To receive everlasting life the WT has four requirements. (1) You must take in knowledge about Jesus (study WT material), (2) You must live a clean moral life, (3) You must be a JW in good standing (there are over 1,170 rules that you must follow--JW Leader Albert Schroeder, May 29, 1980) and (4) You must go door to door. Quite different than their, "draw close to God by studying his Word." I blogged about the WT Gospel here

FINALLY, I would invite you to read my blog, The Gospel of the Bible Explained.




No comments: