Monday, June 1, 2009

Is Watch Tower doctrine Christian? Part 1--Jesus is God & Man!


We need to first answer this question; “What are essential Christian doctrines?” They are doctrines that the first century Christians would not deny but would rather enter the Coliseum and face the lions. These doctrines comprise the core of the Christian faith and that to remove any one of them is to make the belief system non-Christian. Any unsaved person (JW, Christian Scientist, Mormon, atheist, agnostic or Muslim), will deny one or more of these essential doctrines. Because these central doctrines define the character of Christianity, a person cannot be saved and deny any one. I believe these doctrines are: (1) Jesus is God and man. (2) Salvation by Grace, (3) the bodily resurrection of Christ, (4) monotheism and (5) the Trinity.

You may not agree that all of these are essential or maybe you feel that I left some out. But if you agree that even one of these doctrines are essential, then WT theology is not Christian because the WT is at odds with all five.

Doctrine #1 – Jesus is God and man!

Jesus of the Watch Tower

Jesus was the first creation of Jehovah. “Let God Be True,” p. 257.

Before coming to earth as a man, Jesus was known in heaven as Michael the archangel. “New Heavens and a New Earth,” pp. 28-30

Jesus of the Bible.

John 1:1, 14, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [14] And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us,”

Revelation 1:8, 17-18 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” ... [17] When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.”

Revelation 22:12-13, 16 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.... [16] “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Note that the titles given to Jesus, “Alpha and the Omega,” “the Beginning and the End,” “the First and the Last,” “the Almighty,” “the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come.” All these titles of Deity, in context are applied specifically to Jesus.

Here is a complete look at the phrases "the Almighty" and "Alpha and Omege."

Here is Part 2 of "Is the WT doctrine Christine,"Salvation by Grace."

No comments: