Friday, July 1, 2011

Twisted Scriptures and other Shenanigans! Part 5

   
     Romans 10:9– “For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead you will be saved.” The New World Translation

If you have copy of the New World Translation (Green Copy) turn to page 1455 in the Appendix. At the bottom of the page talking about Isaiah 1:24 – “the [true] Lord,” the WT states that there are many lords or masters but by putting ‘the’ in front of ‘Lord’ to make ‘the Lord’ limits the application of the title to Jehovah.

In the Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures (purple cover) look at Romans 10:9. There is a footnote for Romans 10:9 and when you look at the footnote it tells you that the word for ‘Lord’ is ‘ha Adon’ (the Lord) and then it references five Hebrew translations of the NT where Lord is translated ‘ha Adon’ (the Lord). Putting this altogether the verse could read,

“For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is 'ha Adon' or 'the Lord' or Jehovah and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead you will be saved.”

The WT fully understands the implication of this verse and so to cover itself at the end of the footnote it states, “not Jehovah.” Will a JW see the implications and ask questions, will they do further study on the subject. Not likely. For the WT has drilled into the head of every JW –“Heavy research is not necessary. The Watch Tower has done it for you. The most beneficial study you can do is to read The Watchtower or Awake! or a new book by the organization.” WT, June 1, 1967, p. 338

“Avoid independent thinking . . . questioning the counsel that is provided by God’s visible organization (WTBTS).” WT, Jan 15, 1983, p. 22.

John 8:58 in the New World Translation – “Jesus said to them: ‘Most truly I say to You, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been.” This verse is also in my blog, Presto Change-0 Part 5 found here.

In the “Kingdom Interlinear Translation” (Purple Cover) the footnote on this verse states, “I have been is properly rendered in the perfect tense.” The newer KIT (Blue Cover) states that “I have been is properly translated by the perfect indicative.” One really wonders if the WT’s right-hand knows what the left-hand is doing because the 1950 NWT states that John 8:58 was in the “perfect indefinite tense.”

Again look at John 8:58 in the KIT. The words in Greek “ego eimi” are translated "I have been" by the WT. BUT, if you look at John 8:18, 23, 24 and 28 you will see that “ego eimi” is translated, “I am.” WHY?

Bible scholars link John 8:58 and Exodus 3:13-14 where Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

In John 8:58, Jesus took the divine name, I AM, and applied it to himself. The WT could not have their devotees believing the Bible over their false doctrines so the WT ‘translators’ tried to hid the fact.

The WT to make doubly sure no JW will see the connection between John 8:58 and Exodus 3:13-14 has a footnote in the KIT (Purple Cover.) It reads, “It (ego eimi at John 8:58) is not the same as “ho ohn” meaning “The Being” or “The I Am”) at Exodus 3:14. What the WT doesn’t tell you, is that in Exodus 3:14 the entire phrase is “ego eimi ho ohn,” “I am that I am.” Knowing the entire phrase makes the connection between John 8:58 and Exodus 3:14 quite clear and the WT intellectually dishonest.

Twisted Part 6 is here.



No comments: